The protection of the right to privacy, and of personal data in particular, is one of the basic principles of Grupo Catalana Occidente.
Who is the data protection officer?
The data protection officer is the person designated by Grupo Catalana Occidente to ensure compliance with the Personal Data Protection Regulations and whom you can contact through the postal address of the Entity responsible or at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, especially when you believe your data protection rights and freedoms have not been respected.
Who is the authority for the supervision of personal data protection?
The supervisory authority is the Spanish Data Protection Agency, based in Madrid (28001), calle Jorge Juan, no. 6, as the independent public authority responsible for ensuring the privacy and data protection of citizens, and to whom queries and/or complaints regarding this matter may be made in the event that the data subject considers that his or her data protection rights and freedoms have not been duly protected. For more information, you can visit the following website: https://www.agpd.es.
What personal data is processed?
Personal data collected directly from the data subject, including documents, data obtained through the recording of telephone conversations held with Grupo Catalana Occidente’s customer services or as a result of browsing this Internet website before, during and after the establishment of your relationship with GCOAI will be processed.
What are the categories of data subject to processing?
In general, the categories of personal data to be processed are the identification and contact data of the data subject, as well as the data generated when browsing this website.
What are the purposes of processing personal data?
The main purpose of the processing of personal data is the development and/or execution of the relationship established with GCOAI or for the service provided by GCOAI.
Likewise, with respect to contact forms, telephone numbers, email inboxes and social media profiles that may be made available to you, your data will be processed in order to (i) attend to and manage queries and requests you make through the same telephone numbers, contact forms and social media profiles provided for this purpose; (ii) to attend to and manage suggestions, requests, claims and other enquiries you make through the corresponding form.
Finally, if the user so authorizes, personal data will also be processed to send information, including by remote means of communication, about promotions and events related to the Torre Bellesguard by Antoni Gaudí;and to show you personalized advertising on the website, search engines and social media.
What is the legitimate interest for the processing of personal data?
The legitimate interest for the processing indicated in the purposes described above is based on the development of the relationship established or the service provided by GCOAI and, where appropriate, on consent specifically granted.
Finally, the processing of personal data to send you information, including through remote means of communication, on promotions and events related to the Torre Bellesguard by Antoni Gaudí, is legitimized, where applicable, by the consent granted.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Personal data will be kept for as long as the relationship with GCOAI remains valid. Once this relationship has ended, this data will be kept for the necessary time established by regulations applicable at all times, remaining at the disposal of the courts and tribunals, the Public Prosecutor’s Office, the State Security Forces and/or the competent public administrations, in particular the competent personal data protection supervisory authorities, for the purposes of possible legal or contractual liabilities arising from the relationship or service on which the processing has been based and during the period of limitation of the same.
The guidelines on the terms of conservation, deletion and blocking of personal data are specified in the internal regulations relating to conservation, deletion and blocking of personal data, as part of the Policy for the protection of personal data and the use of ICT resources of Grupo Catalana Occidente.
Who will receive your personal data?
(i) Grupo Catalana Occidente entities:
We inform you that the Catalana Occidente Group entities, with varying degrees of integration, share common services in order to take advantage of existing synergies, optimize resources and offer better services to interested parties, for which reason they have signed various framework contracts for the provision of reciprocal services, which involve access to personal data managed by other Catalana Occidente Group entities, and which cover various services, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Services provided to the Catalana Occidente Group entities by Grupo Catalana Occidente, Tecnología y Servicios A.I.E.: (i) data hosting, (ii) maintenance and management of computer systems, communications and equipment, (iii) security of information and the systems that support them, (iv) development and maintenance of IT applications, (v) provision of claims processing services, (vi) reporting of information related to the services provided, (vii) maintenance and management of time and attendance systems, security and video surveillance systems, and (viii) document management, printing and labeling.
- Services provided to the Catalana Occidente Group entities by Grupo Catalana Occidente Contact Center A.I.E.: (i) providing customer service through any means, including remote means, such as telephone, internet and/or social media, and (ii) conducting satisfaction campaigns and surveys.
(ii) Official bodies and authorities:
Personal data will be provided to all those recipients to whom GCOAI is obliged to communicate such information in compliance with legal obligations, including, but not limited to, competent public bodies and administrations such as the Spanish Tax Administration Agency or the regional tax authorities, the personal data protection supervisory authorities, courts and tribunals, corresponding supervisory bodies, the Public Prosecutor and/or the State Security Forces.
What are your rights when you provide us with your personal data?
As the owner of your personal data, you have the rights set out below, which you may exercise by proving your identity to the data protection officer through the contact email address email@example.com:
- Right of access. You may request information about the personal data that GCOAI holds about you and about the processing of which you are the subject, as well as obtain a copy of such data in a structured, commonly used and easy-to-read format.
- Right to rectification. You may request the rectification of personal data that is inaccurate and to complete personal data that is incomplete, including by means of an additional declaration.
- Right of erasure. You may request the deletion of your personal data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected by the controller, or when you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based. Such a request will not be applicable when the processing is necessary based on what is indicated in the section “What is the legitimate interest for the processing of personal data?” above.
In this regard, if you exercise your right to be forgotten in the digital environment, the Entity will contact the Internet service provider to transfer your request regarding the cessation of the processing of personal data concerning you, taking into account the technology available and the cost of its implementation, in which case data will only be retained by the controller for the formulation, exercise or defense of claims. This request will not be valid when processing is necessary on the basis of that indicated in the section “What is the legitimate interest for the processing of personal data?” above, or when processing is necessary in the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information or for reasons of public interest.
- Right of opposition. You may object to the processing of your personal data unless it is determined that there is a legitimate interest in continuing its processing, in which case data will only be retained by the controller for the formulation, exercise or defense of claims. This request will not be valid when processing is necessary on the basis of that indicated in the section “What is the legitimate interest for the processing of personal data?” above.
- Right to limitation of processing. You may request the limitation of processing of your personal data, which may imply the blocking of data in the following circumstances: (i) when you contest the accuracy of the data, (ii) when the controller objects to the erasure of data on the grounds that the processing is lawful, (iii) when the controller no longer needs the data but it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of claims or, (iv) when you have objected to processing and while the controller verifies whether the controller’s legitimate grounds override yours, in which case data will only be kept by the party responsible for the formulation, exercise or defense of claims.
- Right to portability. Where technically possible, you may request that your personal data subject to automated processing be transmitted to another data controller, or to you as the data subject, in a structured, commonly used and easily readable format, and without prejudice to your rights to erasure or to be forgotten, in which case the data will only be retained by the data controller for the purpose of formulating, exercising or defending claims.
Any communication and any action taken in the context of the exercise of your rights shall be free of charge. When requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, especially because of their repetitive nature, GCOAI may charge a reasonable fee based on the costs incurred for their attention.
Confidentiality of personal data
From the outset of the processing of personal data, GCOAI will adopt the necessary technical, organizational and security measures, taking into account the state of technology, to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, availability and resilience of personal data, avoiding alteration, loss, unauthorized processing or access.
We inform you that the computer servers of some service providers of Grupo Catalana Occidente may be located in countries outside the European Union, where, if the level of privacy protection is not equivalent to that established in the Personal Data Protection Regulations, due to the absence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission, the Entity shall adopt appropriate safeguards provided for in the Personal Data Protection Regulation for transfers to third countries and international organizations, with the exceptions to specific situations expressly provided for, in order to ensure that the level of protection of data subjects is not undermined, and ensuring appropriate and necessary measures for the proper safeguarding of the rights of data subjects and the security of information, based on the technical measures available at any given time.
GCOAI reserves the right to make, at any time and without prior notice, as many modifications, variations, deletions or cancellations to the contents and their presentation as it deems necessary.